Monday, October 4, 2010

a shameless act of self-promotion


I didn’t expect my first post on this Blog to be a shameless act of self-promotion, but oh well, it is. I am delighted to say that I was among 200 artists selected to participate in the inaugural Art Loop Open. Beginning Friday, October 15, the public may view and vote for their favorites. The art will be exhibited at public venues throughout the Loop and voting kicks off on Friday, October 15 with the Loop Art Crawl.

The “Crawl” will be a fun and festive start to a week of voting, after which the ten top vote getters proceed to round 2, where they may win awards totaling $50,000.

Come see me at Block 37, 108 N. State Street, and see all of the other great art that will be on display throughout the loop.

Remember, this recession has hit the Arts really hard. Anything that can bring attention to the lively and talented artists of Chicago is a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment